||Santa Fe Sausage Breakfast Burrito
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- Potato seasoning
- 4 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 extra large eggs
- 2 tbsp whipped cream
- 2 large burrito-size flour tortillas
- 2 links spicy chorizo sausage
- 1/3 cup monterey jack cheese shredded
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp salsa
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 6 slices avocado
- Cut the sausage into 1-inch slices. In a large pan over medium high heat, saute the sausage, add the lime juice, potatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Lightly sprinkle seasoning over potatoes until just coated. Continue cooking until soft and set aside, about 15 minutes. Melt 2 tbsp
butter in a pan over medium high heat. Beat eggs, cream, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Place in pan and cook until firm and set aside, about 3 minutes.
- Heat tortillas on a griddle or skillet. Place potatoes in center of the two tortillas. Layer with eggs, sausage slices, cheese,
sour cream, and salsa. Fold in the sides of the tortillas over ingredients. Fold from the bottom up to wrap into a burrito.
Repeat process with remaining ingredients.
cooking page | email
Last updated: November 11, 2009